With the rail industry heavily involved in installing new systems and upgrading AC / DC electrification, signalling and secure power supplies, Bradgate has completed a number of flagship projects for clients with varied and highly specific requirements. The flexibility of our products means we are able to build complete solutions for virtually all applications.
Our modules are all-steel fabrications with well-proven bonded-panel or fully welded construction, according to the project’s specifications. Both methods offer a very strong, rigid structure – which is essential to protect equipment during lifting and transportation, as well as at the operating site.
Among the rail specifications we manufacture to meet are BR1615D, in which bonded-panel buildings are constructed in pre-finished material that requires no painting or maintenance and the Network Rail specification 21030.
There is flexibility for customers too. The re-locatable equipment buildings (REB) that we design and manufacture can be positioned and moved around the network as upgrade projects take shape and needs change. Bradgate REB designs include four integral lift lugs at roof level, which avoids the need for special lift frames.
Single or multiple room modules/containers designed to accommodate LV and MV Switchgear, UPS and batteries.
- Shallow apex to container roof to discourage rainwater ponding
- Personnel access doors, each fitted with external single point locking slam lock external handle and internal push pad panic release
- Internal false floor or overhead cable management
- Side or bottom cable access
- Ventilation and air conditioning
- Lighting, small power, earthing all to NR Standards
Built to Network Rail specification 21030. Stainless steel modules approved for 60 year low maintenance life trackside.
- Roof pitched for rainwater discharge in to plastic guttering and down pipes to grade level. Down pipe cloaked to discourage climbing
- Main cable entry via apertures in the module wall fitted with vertical bolt on mild steel gland plates
- Personnel access doors fitted with stainless steel hinges, locks, high performance weather seals and a panic bar for emergency exit. A door contact will be fitted wired to an alarm junction box. All external fixings to be stainless steel, anti vandal
- High level 50 x 6mm un insulated plain copper earth bar around the full internal perimeter of the module with droppers down 2 off through the wall earth bosses welded to housing structure, and bolted disconnect links at low level. All joints (except bolted joints) to be brazed. Earth bar to be locally tinned at specified positions where cable joints are to be made
- Overhead cable management / ladder rack fabricated in to the module ceiling
- Ventilation system or HVAC
Standards & Regulations
- Supply, install and testing of Domestic electrical services. The above to be installed and tested in accordance with the latest edition of the IEE Regulations
- Full documentation package including mechanical and electrical build drawings, maintenance manual, test certificate for Bradgate installed scope